Job enrichment as the name suggests is enriching or giving more value to a job by redesigning jobs so that it can provide opportunities for achievement, recognition, advancement, and growth to motivate the employee and provide them enough autonomy for planning and controlling their performance.
STEPS IN JOB ENRICHMENT:
TECHNIQUES OF JOB ENRICHMENT:
▪ Increasing the role of an employee by involving in decision making. ▪ Allowing an employee to set his own goals and standards
▪ Adding the variety of tasks
▪ Providing employees with feedback
▪ Introducing new, creative and difficult tasks to employees.
▪ Link employees directly with the reward
▪ Assigning a natural work unit to an employee.
ADVANTAGES OF JOB ENRICHMENT:
▪ It allows employees to learn new skills. ▪ Motivates and encourages the employee by giving recognition and reward ▪ It reduces absenteeism ▪ Employees get a sense of belongingness towards the organization ▪ Employees to find job meaningful.
Isha Chaubey BBA 4th A TIAS New Delhi