Green entrepreneurship has taken so much momentum from the past few years and become the buzzword in the present scenario but before proceeding, we have to understand the terms entrepreneur and entrepreneurship.
An entrepreneur is a person or individual who is a risk taker, ability to innovate something new, recognize the opportunity in the market place and take action accordingly and generate profits.
Whereas entrepreneurship is the process of establishing a new enterprise for business by the efforts of an entrepreneur who assume all the financial risk in the light of profit.
Green entrepreneurship refers to the activity or process carried out by an entrepreneur with the motive of optimum utilization of natural resources through innovative ideas. So that it has a net positive impact on the environment and society and in the meantime ensuring suitable profitability along with the risk factor.
Green entrepreneurs are those individuals who exploit the green environment opportunities and produce green products and ensuring high profits and do this all by serving humanity.
What are the key factors or drivers of green entrepreneurship
• Environment degradation
• Climate change
• Global warming
• Depletion of the ozone layer
• Large emission of gases
• Need for conserving the natural resources for future generations.
Some prominent examples of Green entrepreneur
- Two girls, named Supriya and Bhairavi Shevade, started the concept of a vertical garden. Vertical garden means a garden in which plants are grown vertically that is an upward direction on walls by using a support system. In July 2013 they created Green drops. Greens Drop venture earned revenue of 30 lakh within 12 months. This innovative idea helps in the production of more oxygen and temperature synchronization.
- Ruchika and Ritu belong to two different fields; both are sisters by Blood. Out of whom, Ruchika is a scientist by profession and Ritu is a commercial artist. They both started a craft cart venture. They make handmade craft products like greeting cards, candle, newspaper boxes, lampshades, and quelled miniatures.
- 3 IIT Delhi Boys( Parsun, Sandeep & Dhawal) co-founder of GBES i.e Green Brick Eco Solutions focused on solid waste management, waste to energy, Bio-gas Purification. They created Bio-CNG which can be used as a substitute for Natural Gas or LPG and it has the same properties as Natural Gas.
- Another example of Green venture is “Paaducks” which was started by Jay and Jothsna. It manufactures environment-friendly slippers and footwear. The soles of which are made from scrap tires.
In Nutshell, we can say that Green entrepreneur’s act as a social agent who recognize the social problem and make environment-friendly solutions for the welfare of society at large.
Ms. Kajal (AP)
KC Group of Institutions
For sponsorships : firstname.lastname@example.org