Job Analysis: Job Analysis refers to completely analyzing the job. It is a mixture of tasks, duties, and responsibilities that are required for the job.
Nature of Job Analysis
- Task: It refers to work that the employees perform in an organization for some purpose. Eg: Typing a letter
- Duty: It is the combination of the task that an individual performs. Eg: Delivering an incoming mail
- Responsibility: It refers to certain tasks and duties that an individual is bound to do.
- Recruitment: It refers to searching for the candidates. Job Analysis helps in identifying when the organization needs to hire people.
- Placement and Orientation: Job Analysis helps in placing the right person at the right job that is the job that is best suited for them.
- Training: Job Analysis helps in determining the needs of the job and for that, it provides training to its employees.
- Performance Appraisal: By comparing the actual performance of the employee with the performance he was supposed to do, the ability of the person can be judged. Based on his work he can be praised or be rewarded.
- Counselling: Managers counsel their employees about their career. Employees can build their careers when they understand the need for a job. Job Analysis points out the areas where the employee needs to improve to enhance his career.